Date night means different things to different couples, but it need not (always) mean the same old supper club, cinema, or barstool. If you’ve got a partner—or a favorite friend—make the occasional rendezvous remarkable by firing up your imagination and destination. This weeks’s BreakAway BreakThrough (BABT) is here to remind you that: Life is short. Enjoy every sandwich. And love the one you’re with.
BABT7: Date Night Done Right … 11 ways to spice up your time together
- Take turns arranging the date, so that both parties plan a party that pleases them.
- Remember romance. Easy gestures like flowers, compliments and hand-holding help keep the love-heart pumping.
- For God’s sake, go unplugged. It’s a rude turn-off to watch your date have text with others.
- Ask 101 questions sometimes. Humans change; you may not know your partner as well as you think.
- Shake up your destination and doings: Mex or Mac’s? Theater or bowling? Skate by the lake or sex on the beach?
- Revisit places you frequented back in the day; reminisce and rekindle that special spark.
- Sure, double-date or do group-grope sometimes. Let friends show you their idea of a good time.
- Assign occasional homework: Read this book; find cheap eats; make a list of unresolved stuff.
- If you’re in a talk rut of work, fam and gossip, speed-chat through that and then open yourselves up.
- Occasionally, talk from the heart about your fantasies and dreams. They’re more likely to come true.
- Make time to make progress on your BreakAway schemes—whether summer vakay, weekend away, or one year off.
Do you have any hot tips or stories to share? Leave a comment please!