Do you love working out? If so, good for you. If not, join the club. Still, whether it becomes a healthy habit or just an occasional endeavor, taking a break to release some angst (and endorphins) is most always worth the effort. And maybe that overdue round of golf will lead to new friends, habits or a PGA Tour.
BABT5: Bust a Move… 11 ways to break out of your sedentary routine
- Try your luck at one of today’s fastest-growing games: Frizbee golf.
- Walk the dog—or someone else’s—and make a puppy happy.
- Rent something that floats and ride upstream: canoe, kayak or sailboat.
- Tune up your old bike and take a spin on your neighborhood bike trails.
- Get up and go bowling in your spare time.
- Take a stroll to smell some roses. Doesn’t really matter where you’re going.
- Visit a batting-machine cage and take a swing at hitting.
- Come into the cold with skiing or show-shoeing.
- Tennis, anyone?
- This one goes well with beer: Cornholing (though some people call it bean bag toss).
- Whether alone or at the disco, dance (as the saying goes) like nobody’s watching.
Do you have any favorite moves–or BreakThrough tips to share? Leave a comment please!