“I need to go to more ballgames.”
- “I need to examine sunsets and storm fronts more closely.”
- “I need to spend more time with my dogs.”
- “The internet is full of important things. But mostly it is full of nothing.”
- “Do you know the sweet thing about baseball? It’s all the nothing that connects the consquences on the field.”
- “On your porch, air is the main event. And it’s alive.”
- “Yes, I’ve got to do more things that make absolutely no sense, except that they reward my senses. I think that’s what we have them for.”
If you are still sitting in front of your computer, postponing joy, here’s the entire piece.