In the 139 days since I’ve been back from our latest BreakAway, I’ve noticed some shifts and differences in my mindframe and routine. Here’s a quick list of 11:
- Care less about my home (for better and worse).
- Care less about the kids’ activities—playdates, sports, school.
- Feel more independent, in too many ways to mention.
- Feel more attached to a larger (if often invisible) world.
- Hear inner voices more clearly (but haven’t yet gone completely nuts). : )
- Made some not-profound discoveries: Sleep more; play guitar; read daily.
- Know for sure that few things can compete with sun, exercise, rest, and nature for offering inner peace and calm.
- Confirmed that the fewer clothes I have to wear, the more free I feel.
- Believe more passionately than ever in Unplugging; now if only my family…
- Love street culture; islanders hang out a lot, whereas Minnesotans only do in the summer.
- Get hit hard by the “go-homes” after a BreakAway—but it’s not only worth it, it’s a big part of the personal growth equation.