If you’re looking for ways to slow down and savor your free time, check in every Friday (or so) for the forthcoming series: 55 BreakAway BreakThroughs (BABT). We’ll offer one simple, symbolic suggestion that might bring enjoyment or inspiration—and get you one step closer to your radical Sabbatical.
BABT1: Sunday Supper…with 11 possible courses of action
- Have friends and family over, and make everyone collaborate in the kitchen.
- Join hands before the feast and sing, pray, or read something stimulating.
- Take yourself out for a nice, solo dinner; bring a journal and capture some thoughts.
- Eat early, then watch a meaningful movie, documentary, or travel program.
- Go to an exotic ethnic restaurant and neighborhood; shop or wander before or after.
- Call a long-lost acquaintance; better yet, write them a letter by hand and send it snail.
- Create the healthiest meal possible that still tastes great and feels indulgent.
- Cook up a big batch for leftovers; spend less time cooking next week.
- After dinner, play music or games; make art or a decadent dessert (big banana split?).
- Get out your BreakAway journal and jot down some ideas about where, when, and how.
- Leave the kitchen (and whole house?) clean, organized, and ready to start the week fresh.
Do you have any favorite Sunday evening rituals–or BreakThrough tips to share? Leave a comment please!