Lest anyone think that taking a big BreakAway is merely a financial expense, let me assure you that is only the beginning.
Today, as I try to calm my brain before bed, it keeps brooding over that list. It looks something like this…
- Work income mostly stops
- Work upon return is exponentially more uncertain
- Most living expenses (mortgage, etc.) don’t take a break
- The kids’ will miss out on school, sports, activities
- The cat will bum out
- Alluring job opportunities for this winter have been turned away
- Any Bad Thing (injury, illness, theft) could ruin days
- Family disharmony could too
- Coming home (to much winter) may be depressing
Is it any wonder most people don’t do this sort of thing? I mean, even people with money, freedom, or audacity may have more common sense. HELP!?!